The abstract submission deadline has been extended to April 30th. Note that abstracts associated with an application for a Travel Award must be submitted by the original due date (April 16th, 9:00am EDT).
Themed “Barcodes to Biomes”, conference sessions will reflect the ongoing expansion of DNA barcoding research — in geographic and taxonomic scope, in disciplinary breadth, and in the diversity of socio-economic applications. This conference will feature:
- publication of all accepted abstracts in a special conference issue of the journal Genome
- an exciting line-up of internationally renowned plenary speakers
- sessions on systematics, ecology, evolution, conservation, and whole biome analysis
- sessions on the diverse applications of DNA barcoding including education; international development; protection of endangered species; detection of invasive species, agricultural pests, and species within natural health products; and food safety & authenticity
- poster session
- diverse opportunities for networking at meals, breaks, and gala reception
- 13 prizes for excellent oral and poster presentations by students and post-doctoral fellows
- pre-conference training workshops
- post-conference excursions to scenic sites such as Niagara Falls
Submit your abstract by April 30th to ensure its full consideration for inclusion in the scientific program and in the special conference journal issue. We look forward to welcoming you to Guelph for a stimulating and productive meeting.