The 6th International Barcode of Life Conference looks forward to welcoming delegates from around the world. To ensure that excellent research from international members of the community is represented, the conference and sponsors are pleased to have offered a Travel Award program.
This program was primarily targeted to researchers who:
- are at an early career stage (graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, or a researcher within 10 years of receiving PhD).
- hold limited grant funds, such that travel to the meeting would not otherwise be feasible.
- have conducted high quality research in biodiversity science.
Applications are now closed, but in order to apply candidates were required to meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract by April 15, 2015.
- At that time, submit your CV (PDF format), up to two publications (PDF), and a brief statement (200-300 words) outlining your career stage and indicating how participation would benefit your career and research. You may also wish to outline how participation would contribute to your institutional or national priorities.
Although the Selection Committee gave preference to researchers from developing nations, excellence will also be an important factor in evaluation. This program was primarily targeted to early-career individuals. However, more senior researchers without access to grant funds, as well as those tasked with implementing research results for policy, will also be considered. At least twenty awards will be available; each includes a waiver of registration fees, accommodation, and up to $1000 for travel.